Karen Smyers Coaching
Computrainer Classes at the Ride Studio
Do you think indoor biking is boring? Then you haven't experienced coached Computrainer Sessions with Karen. Where else can you get personal coaching and advice from an Ironman Champion?
Karen Smyers has been coaching these wildly popular winter bike classes for the past 9 years at Fast Splits in Newton, MA. She uses the knowledge and experience that has led her to win the Hawaiian Ironman World Championship, three ITU World Championship titles, and sustain a 28-year professional triathlon career to design and implement this enjoyable yet challenging series of progressive workouts for the Computrainer.
Karen's classes are the "original" - the ones that many other coaches and bike shops now try to duplicate. But you won't match the experience, enthusiasm and personal insight that Karen brings to class with any other program. Another perk: all weekly classes that she coaches do the same workout so if you need to swap days or times within a week, she can usually accommodate. Each participant can expect to:
- Determine individual heart rate and power training zones
- Learn proper pedaling technique and drills to improve efficiency
- Increase power, strength and endurance through tracking of watts
- Become a better time-trialist
- Discover workouts (using power and HR) to improve each aspect of your cycling fitness
- Build confidence and body awareness
- Bust through previous mental and physical limitations
- Learn tidbits on race strategy, and nutrition tips for any race distance
- Meet future training partners that you can take to the road come spring in New England
- Have fun... and suffer just a little
- Emerge more fit and enthusiastic about cycling than ever before
Look forward to having you join us! Karen
Karen's sessions have gotten rave reviews from triathletes and cyclists alike. Here is what some of them have had to say...
"Thanks so much for the great info.... Being a novice cyclist, you have been most helpful. I appreciate all the tips as there is so much to learn and you are such an inspiration."
"I had a great time at class tonight. I didn't think I'd like riding a bike without going anywhere so much!"
"I love you guys - you make me push through all my crap. It's awesome"
"Thanks so much for the clear/concise Excel doc with all the data. Really helpful information. I LOVE THIS!!"
"Great session tonight. I am really enjoying the class"
"I love your class!"
"Love the energy...and it has more moms, which is really fun!"
"They helped me a lot power/fitness-wise. It also helped tremendously to have a group environment to motivate over the winter!"
"I'm looking forward to getting whipped into shape again!"
"Had a blast yesterday for riding without a road beneath me!"
"Just wanted to thank you for a great class tonight! I have heard many great things and I was not disappointed at all!"